Saturday, March 13, 2010

THE MOVEMENT



I went to my Humanities class yesterday with my mind set of " another day of school," although it may have been another day I was affected by the topic of class. It was about poverty, we see poverty all around the world but don't realize how poverty is caused. My professor gave me a new perspective to a unaware type of poverty. Terrorism plays a big part in poverty especially in the country of Uganda. This is where it all started,my professor asked us if we had " HEROES?" Many of us have our family we look up too or even a idol of a sports figure. My professor said his hero was a boy named Sunday, he is a very intelligent child from Uganda. An orphan from such a young age,he lives in a displacement camp and lives his life struggling to survive from malnutrition and diseases such as malaria. Minus all the war and poverty happening around him, he lives his life to the fullest. An attitude that many of us take for granted,in fact we don't even think about it. He farms the land to pay for school, he wants to be a doctor one to help his people from very preventable diseases. I just wanted to urge everyone that we can make a difference to help these kids. There are many ways you can help to rebuild schools, petitions. donations of books or money. They also have items for sale such as videos of an invisible child and 100% of the proceeds go back to these children. So do your part to help I know its not much but every helping hand counts.







No comments:

Post a Comment